Sydney had small blisters forming. At first I thought they were from the heat, but then they started filling with fluid. Yesterday the blisters started popping and clear fluid drained from them. In addition it started getting red and moving up her arm. I marked the site to see if it would grow. Sure enough it did and this morning I took her in to be seen by the doctor.
He wasn't quite sure what it could be. He even got a second opinion from another doctor. It could be impetigo, shingles or staph/strep infection resulting in cellulitis. So he lanced one of the blisters and cultured the fluid. We have to wait 48 hours until the results come back. Until then we started her on broad spectrum antibiotics to kill whatever the strain is. Hopefully it goes away soon. Until then, Sydney had to live with painful & itchy blisters and cellulitis.

No comments:
Post a Comment