Thursday, April 18, 2013

SoCal Ragnar 2013

I was talked into joining the Pink Pistols team for the SoCal Ragnar.  It is a 12 person relay from Huntington Beach to San Diego, covering 195miles.  I planned to run 15 miles, but at 10:30 the night before the relay race, one of the runners backed out due to a migraine.  We had to make up her 15 miles.  I ran an extra 2.2 miles at night, making my grand total of 17.5 miles. 

I loaded in the Zufelts SUV, and I rode down with Sueanne Zufelt, Mimi Evans, Amy Ellis and our driver Scott Zufelt.  It was a nice relaxing ride down.  We spent the night at my sister Heather's house which is just 20 minutes from exchange 6 where we had to meet.  Unfortunately, Heather was not on our team, she was on Good Day Sunshine. Mimi made the cutest cupcakes for our Ragnar.  Unfortunately, they didn't transport well.  They still tasted good though.















No comments:

Post a Comment