Friday, March 14, 2014

Grim Reapers Banner

This year I was talked into making the team banner for Haley's softball majors team.  Only because we moved away from our next door neighbor Brian Wright, Haley's coach and the new owner is wierd and a little creepy. So I felt bad and guilty so I volunteered to do it.
I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I had a few girls from the team come over to cut felt pieces. It was a great thought but their cut jobs were so bad that had to cut it over again, so it just created more work for myself. 

I spent the weekend before opening day making he head bows and I out it off until the next Frisay thinking there wasn't much more to do. It was a never ending project that kept extending its life. 

Finally after about 20 hours and a heater fan blowing on it to dry the glue, I finally finished it just on time. 

Brian put a little pressure on me by saying that for 3 years in a row his team banner has always won and hoping to keep the streak alive. I was so happy at opening day after the Grim Reapers paraded around, I found out our team won for best banner. As our award we got a bouquet of Tootsie pops to share with the team. Worth it for the tootsie pop bouquet?  No. Will I do it again?  No. Worth it to have a nice banner for the team?  Yes!




No comments:

Post a Comment