Friday, September 28, 2012

Predator vs. Prey

This morning I found out cat Roxy intently watching a bird on our deck railing. She would not keep her eyes off that bird. She tried reaching up to get it with her claws but she fell short of the bird. I got close to it and the bird was injured. It started to hobble along the railing then it flew down to the ground to meet its final destiny...to be cat food. Lucy joined in on the action and played with it a little. Not sure the birds ultimate destiny because I had to get the kids ready for school, {which Drew happened to split his lip open in 4 places with a light saber while Jeff and I were praying together, but that's beside the point}, but I have a sneaky suspicion the bird is no longer with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment