Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Ready for Fall

Despite the warm weather, I was feelingly the mood for warm pumpkin chocolate chip bread, plus I wanted to bring something to my visiting teaching women.
One of the ladies I visit is a health nut. When I looked at the ingredients list I knew I couldn't put a whole cup of oil. I found on Pinterest that you can substitute greek yogurt for oil. I googled it and it said it was equal substitution. So I added 1 cup Greek yogurt. I was hesitant to add the apple juice, afraid that it wouldn't cook well so I opted not to. I added chocolate chips to the mixed batter.
When it was done I had to test it out before I gave a loaf to my visiting teaching ladies. It was tasty but a little dry. It will be perfect with a tall glass if milk. Next time I will add apple juice or sauce for added sweetness and moisture.
With the help of my kids we devoured and entire loaf in a matter of hours. It was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment