Saturday, September 15, 2012

Ragnar 2012 legs 6-12

Our first leg started out in a cute town and Heather ran the first leg since she is runner 6.  I'm runner 12, so I ended all the legs for our van and handed off to Van 1, runner 1.  Team Sole Sistas's team captain was Lea Ralph, who organized and got the team together.  We have cute shirts made up for us and sparkle skirts, which really helped when we were looking for the next runner at each exchange, because we could spot the sparkle skirts more easily.
 
My run started in Petaluma.  It was a mere 2.5 miles, which took me 26 minutes to run, at a pace of 9:13 min/mile.  I was running in the downtown area, which was kind of tricky with uneven pavement & sidewalks.  The worst of it was when I was running against traffic on the freeway overpass, there was road construction, and the cement barricades were alongside the road, and there was about 2-3 feet between the barricade and the cars, including a school bus that I had to maneuver around.  Of course, once I finished my run, they changed it to the other side of the road for safety reasons...duh!  I was glad to finish and be safe. 
 
After our first run, our van 2 went to the hotel, showered and we went to eat at a cute bistro restaurant in Petaluma.  It was quaint and cozy.  All of us had a great first run, and of course we are all excited for our night run next.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment